Sociotechnical Systems Engineering Institute of Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences was founded in July, 2006.
- Socio-technical systems acceptance and sustainability modelling;
- Heterogeneous and distributed simulation technologies;
- Simulation in engineering and social sciences;
- Logistics information systems and RFID technologies;
- Digital training tools and VR/AR technologies.
The Logistics Information Systems and RFID laboratory was created for joint professional and academic research.
The institute publishes international annual Proceedings of scientific articles "ICTE in Regional Development" involved in EBSCO databases.
From 2013 "ICTE in Regional Development" is published by Elsevier as journal Procedia Computer Science (ISSN: 1877-0509) and all articles are involved in Scopus and ISI Web of Science.